Preparations are underway for our participation in the October 2023 SET.
Our draft plan so far:
- We will establish a Net on the 147.390 repeater when called to activate.
- We will have three (3) teams deploy to locations within St Mary’s County to verify the location of designated Geodetic Markers
- Team 1 – North end of the county (Charlotte Hall/Mechanicsville/Sotterly)
- Team 2 – Central area of the county (Leonardtown/Hollywood/California)
- Team 3 – South end of the county (Lexington Park/Ridge/Point Lookout)
- Each Team will have an APRS equipped vehicle beaconing their location as they deploy
- Upon locating each marker, each team will compose and send to Net Control a ARRL Radiogram via voice stating verification & condition of marker
- Net Control will gather all the reports and generate an ICS-213 (General Message) form in WINLINK Express summarizing the status of all markers
- Net Control will transmit via WINLINK (ARDOP on HF) to a relay station in Charles County who will forward on to the Section Emergency Coordinator
We still need to identify the specific markers to be going after and we need to do some experimenting with a relay station in Charles County, but I think this is a solid plan and exercises all the techniques we have been practicing.